Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July weekend!!

I hope that you all have had a Happy 4th of July weekend! We spent Friday and Saturday at the cabin enjoying the nice weather and family. The boys probably spent four hours shooting off fireworks, then we enjoyed another hour or so just watching the fireworks all around us! Today DH and DS #1 are out shopping for their upcoming Boy Scout High Adventure trip. I will be anxious to see what all they have bought when they get home!! :-)

The card this week is what I made for our niece's birthday. It was my first attempt using the prismacolor pencils and baby oil. While I still need some practice blending and coloring - I thought for the first time it was okay. I got the cupcake stamp for my birthday from my SIL. It came in a set with three others and I'm excited to use them!!

Enjoy the card and have a great week! I hope to get some cards done this week, as my DH will be on a work trip for three days. So I will have some time in the evenings to make some cards! My mom is also going to be here before she jets out to London and Paris, so I'm going to show her how to use the colored pencils and baby oil!!

No comments: