Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last weekend before school starts!!

I'm having a hard time figuring out where our summer went!!! Can you believe that this is our last weekend before the boys start school??? They go back on Friday. We have our open house on Tuesday night where we'll find out who they will have for teachers. The boys are both eager to see friends and though they will never admit it - I think they look forward to going back to school and getting in a routine again! We're going to be busy with Jr. Cougar football, fall baseball at the Strike Zone, Boy Scouts and band, let alone all the homework 6th and 8th grade will bring!!!

This past week at SCS the tutorial was for diaper fold pouches. Though this wasn't new to me, it had been a while since I had made any. They are VERY easy and super cute and can be customized to whatever theme or event you might need them for. I plan on making some up for Halloween! Here are the two that I made on Wednesday....
The only thing that I would "recommend" is that if you are any kind of perfectionist - don't use polka dot paper!! It drove me crazy looking and the red one. All I could do was think about how the dots weren't straight!!

I also got a few more cards done this week that will be heading to my mom's eventually. I only owe her 40 more cards from our trip this past spring to NYC. We're going out there in two weeks for my dad's 60th birthday celebration - so do you think I can get 40 cards knocked out by then? We shall see!! :-)




I was glad to see the SU! Designer Series Paper used in the thinking of you card made the new catalog. I stocked up on it just in case, so I won't need to buy any for a while - but it's just good to know that it's there! I have enjoyed drooling over the new catalog this weekend! I'm going to try an control myself when tomorrow morning rolls around and we can order out of it!!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Great projects. I have 17 4th graders so if you need practice with the diaper fold pouches in halloween paper...just keep practicing.

xxoo
mom

Marie said...

This is super cute!! I love how you added the punched flowers - they tie in so perfectly with the paper!!