Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun weekend!!

Look who I got to see this weekend!!! The amazing Shelli Gardner herself! As if I wasn't excited enough to the Stampin' Up! regional event in Kansas City! The picture isn't the best - but our seats were wonderful. As I checked in at the registration table, a lady from Omaha recognized me and so she directed me to where a bunch of other ladies from Omaha were sitting. It was a great day. I got some cool swaps and we made some great projects. Then, we also got to see several presentations. Let me just say, my wish list of things I want from the catalog grew exponentially! When you see sets demoed, you want them!! :-) Oh and one more thing about Shelli - I love her clothes! I'm sure I'd look terrible in it - but the outfit she had on Saturday was soooo pretty. Her style is like vintage with a modern twist.

We were given supplies to make five projects on Saturday. And guess what - I only got two of them done! lol Between talking with the people at my table and walking around taking pictures of all the display boards, I just didn't get them all done. But, here are two of the projects that I did get done. The first one is a very simple card that weaved ribbon in the card. Neat idea.

I love love love the next project. It's a little card holder that fits the sized cards you would find with gift bags, etc. It was so easy to make and really cute. I will be making more of these for sure!

Well, this will be my post for the upcoming weekend because we're heading out of town on our family vacation. The boys don't have school Thursday or Friday, so we're taking them out on Wednesday and heading to Florida. Then Thursday afternoon we are boarding the Carnival Sensation ship and sailing to the Bahamas on a three day cruise. Wish me luck --- I'm not sure I have patience to deal with three kids and a DH in close quarters for that long!! lol But, I know it will be a fun adventure for all of us!!

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Linda McClain said...

Oooo, I love these projects! Regionals are coming to San Antonio at the end of the month. I hope we get to make the same projects.